If you are planning to get an air conditioning system for your workplace or home, consider the several benefits of air conditioner rentals.
A standout benefit of opting for air conditioner rental services is that you are assured of an ongoing assistance plus maintenance service at no extra cost. For any installation or failure assistance, you can summon a service person from your air conditioner rental service.
There are multiple professional resources for air conditioner rentals. In fact, many air conditioner rental companies have customer-friendly terms, which would best suit specific requirements of a company/ individual for their work or home environment.
If you opt to hire an air conditioner rental service, another significant benefit to the consumer is that the equipment can be tested for yourself to judge whether buying the same air conditioner model in future would be beneficial. You can thus experiment to work out what type of air conditioner would be most suitable to meet the cooling needs at your home or workplace.
Many leading air conditioner firms will be able to provide hire and rental services of quality cooling products.
If you are wondering how to find the right air conditioning system for your office or home, here are a few things you should take into account:
• Do not buy an air conditioner on the basis of price alone. The cheapest one might prove to be the most expensive because of recurring costs of repairs and such like. On the other hand, an air conditioner that seems overpriced may prove to be the least expensive thanks to its efficient, uninterrupted cooling over a long period of time.
• Price is important, but it should be only one aspect of your overall buying strategy.
• Getting a system that matches your cooling needs is important. Opt for a reputed brand so that a hassle-free performance is guaranteed. Warranties are vital irrespective of the brand you purchase. Warranties are a sign of assured quality and the confidence that the manufacturer puts in their product.
• When you hire a contractor, ensure that he has been in the business long enough to meet your future maintenance service needs. Ask for referrals, and seek a list of companies or clients they have worked for.
Do not wait if you want to purchase an air conditioner. If you want to get an air conditioning system, now is the time!
An air conditioner is very similar to a refrigerator. It performs the same functions as the refrigerator, except for the fact that it reduces the heat, and makes a room cool and comfortable.
Much attention must be given to the Indoor Air Quality. In fact, a link is increasingly being made between the health problems and the quality of the air we breathe. Reported cases of allergic diseases and asthma are on the rise.
Today’s residences and buildings are better insulated than ever, but this implies a limited exchange of outdoor air with indoor air. As a result, the air we breathe indoors can be more polluted than that outdoors. Moreover, we commonly spend up to 90% of our time in indoor environments. This underlines the importance of the air conditioner unit from a health perspective.
Air conditioning filters are an important component of the air conditioning system. These are the components that keep the heat exchanges and the coils in the air conditioning units clean and regulate the quality of air, which is circulated in your house. Thus, choosing the right home air conditioning filters and changing or cleaning them frequently can help you and your family to lead a healthier lifestyle.
Air conditioners need to be treated as a valuable asset. Though air conditioning systems demand that extra bit of care and attention, the best quality, branded units can provide the ultimate cooling for years to come.
By ensuring you stick to a regular maintenance routine, the average life of your air conditioning unit can easily be extended by up to 15 years.
The following tips will help your system to run efficiently and to function properly:
• Air vents and registers must be vacuumed on a regular basis
• Get the outside compressor cleaned regularly
• Keep the compressor covered during the winter
• Clean the ductworks on a periodic basis
• The furnace filter must be changed and cleaned on a monthly basis, and more so during the summer
• Make sure that the condensate tube is draining freely. Check all hose connections for leaks
It is advisable to get the air conditioning system inspected by an experienced technician. Maintain your equipment well in order to keep it running perfectly throughout its long, useful life.
Air-conditioners are available in various forms, such as the wall-mounted, split air conditioners, window air conditioners and the Ceiling cassette units.
Here are some features of ceiling cassette units:
• These air conditioners are compact and light in weight.
• Ceiling cassette units are ideal for shops, restaurants, or offices with false ceilings.
• They leave maximum floor and wall space.
• Air can be discharged in any direction.
• There is an option for shutting off one or two flaps for installation in corners. Flexible installation means it can be installed in the middle of the room or in a corner as well.
• Air flow distribution for ceiling heights up to 3.5m.
• Extremely quiet in operation – both indoors and outdoors.
• Modern, space saving configuration.
Ceiling cassette units are available in various sizes and price ranges based on the user requirements.
1. Large Wall Units – For larger areas you should consider wall units with sizes up to 10.4 kW of cooling.
2. Inverter Units – Ideal for the smaller areas. They are economical and allow accurate temperature control.
Air conditioners are considered comfort equipment, but they are no longer a luxury, and have become a necessity in most homes and offices for ensuring a comfortable indoor stay. It is often thought ‘bigger the better’, but that is not always the case, especially with air conditioners.
You should base the size of the air conditioning unit on the area of the room. The number of windows is also a deciding factor, while purchasing an air conditioning unit. The cost factor also plays a vital role in the purchasing process.
Every unit has a specific efficiency rating known as SEER (Seasonal Energy efficiency Rating). The higher the SEER the better the air conditioner is. If you replace an older air conditioner with a new 12.0 SEER unit, you can immediately see a significant amount of saving in energy consumption.
For optimum usage, it is advisable to turn off all the equipment that generates heat, mainly because if more heat generating equipments are on, the more time it will take for an air conditioner to cool the room, which in turn will increase the electricity consumption and hence the energy bills.
A portable air conditioner is suitable for small and mid-sized offices or areas. You can get a range of stylish units that are popular for their look as well as their functionality. When buying a portable air conditioner unit, an important feature to check is to ensure it has a high quality air filtration system. Only established brands provide an extremely efficient air filtration system in mobile air conditioners.
Technical specifications like cooling capacity, power consumption cooling and power consumption heating need to be understood before making a purchase. A portable air conditioner needs to be adaptable. The filter should meet the prescribed indoor air quality norms.
The latest models of portable air conditioners come with innovative and user-friendly features. They can be operated through soft touch controls. It helps if the unit has a remote control facility. Some remote controls incorporate an LED backlit read-out, which confirms the current temperature and time. A 24-hour timer enables a user to schedule his or her room cooling well in advance. All these features will help in a portable unit’s user-friendly performance.
The main factors that affect the energy consumption of an air conditioner are location, weather and current atmospheric temperature etc. To elaborate, if the temperature is normal, your air conditioner will not consume much electricity. However, if it is very hot outside, the air conditioner needs to work that much harder and longer. Obviously, it will consume more electricity.
Keeping doors and windows closed properly while the air conditioner is working will cut down your electricity bills a great extent. You should also ensure that the doors and windows are well insulated so that the cool air does not leak out of the room.
One way of reducing the cost of energy is by replacing or cleaning your air conditioner filter regularly. Clean the AC filter on a periodic basis, ideally every month, and replace the filter when required.
Also put into practice following tips for reduced energy bills:
- Set thermostat at roughly 24º C to ensure optimum cooling.
- Use film / tinted glass on room windows.
- Prefer air conditioner units that have automatic temperature cut off.
- Maintain regulators at a ’low cool’ position.
Most air conditioning units have their capacity rated or specified in BTU (British thermal units).
BTU, generally speaking, is the amount of heat needed to increase the temperature of one pound (or 0.45 kg) of water by one degree Fahrenheit (or 0.56 degrees Celsius). Specifically, 1 BTU equates 1,055 joules, whereas in heating and cooling terms, 1 “ton” equates 12,000 BTU.
A typical mono-bloc air conditioning unit might be rated or specified at 10,000 BTU. For basic comparison, a typical 2,000 sq. ft. (185.8 m2) house might need a 5-ton (60,000 BTU) air conditioner. It implies that you might require perhaps 30 BTU per sq. ft. for 100 watts per square metre.
Keep in mind that these are approximate calculations. You need to get in touch with experts to know the correct size of an air conditioner for your specific cooling needs, depending on the area to be cooled.
Another important consideration is EER or the energy efficiency rating. An air conditioner’s energy efficiency is its ‘BTU rating over its wattage’. For instance, if a 10,000-BTU air conditioning system consumes about 1,200 watts, the EER works out to 8.3 (10,000 BTU/1,200 watts=8.3). Obviously, a user would like the EER rating to be as high as possible.
An air conditioner is basically a ‘refrigerator’ without the ‘insulated box’. It employs the evaporation of a refrigerant, such as Freon, to ensure cooling. The mechanics of the Freon evaporation cycle are largely the same in an air conditioner as in a refrigerator.
This is how the evaporation cycle in an air conditioner usually works:
1. The compressor causes the cool Freon gas to compress, converting it into a hot, high-pressure Freon gas.
2. This hot Freon gas then runs through a set of coils so that it can dissipate its heat. It condenses into a liquid.
3. The air blown across this hot coil gets discharged outside into the open air.
4. The Freon liquid goes through an expansion valve. In the process, the Freon liquid evaporates to then be converted into cold, low-pressure Freon gas.
5. This cold Freon gas runs through a set of coils, which let the gas absorb heat by the passage of room air across the coil.
6. A small amount of light-weight oil is mixed in with the Freon. This lubricates the compressor.
Air conditioning system keeps the area cool and comfortable for occupants.